Active Learning Centers is gearing up to provide students in the school districts we serve a safe, secure and structured place to complete their blended, fully online or virtual charter school work.
These are FULL TIME, benefits eligible positions working in a high quality, safe and clean facility fully equipped with increased health and safety standards, additional seating for students, external parent drop off and pick up procedures, state of the art air filtration systems and more.
Teachers will be responsible for the following:
- Supervising small group settings of no more than 12-15 children to a group of virtual learners.
- Assisting students with technology help and navigating the web to find what they need for the day.
- Assignment and Homework help.
- Assistance in finding the answers to their students questions.
- Ensuring students stick to their schedule (if provided).
- Adherence to health and safety standards including masking and disinfecting of the environment and materials.
- Supporting the students in socially distant classroom seating so that masks can be removed while doing schoolwork (masks will be worn when distancing is not possible like during recess).
- Supervising and facilitating routine care such as snack and meal times and restroom usage.
- Planning for and providing options for students who have completed their daily work.
- Supervising and participating in group gross motor and recess play to keep the kids active.
- Additional responsibilities can include tasks ranging from routine classroom and site maintenance, assistance with drop off and pick up procedures, transportation of students (if applicable) and/or participation in the before and after school program.
Ideal applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working with children and in a classroom or in education.
- Tech Savvy (experience with Zoom, Teams, Google Classroom, etc a plus).
- Routine and detail oriented.
- Must have all required clearances (FBI Fingerprinting, PA State, Child Line, NSOR).
- Must have current physical and TB test.