We are seeking an experienced, fun-loving and patient infant classroom teacher to join our organization! This individual will work collaboratively with the current infant room team to plan and present age-appropriate activities for children 6 weeks to 12 months of age in a loving, fun and active environment at Active Learning Centers. We are focused on ensuring a family atmosphere and having fun while we work and especially with our infant room, strive to make trusting and caring relationships with the families we serve.
The particular facility seeking this applicant is Active Learning Centers FOGELSVILLE. The infant classroom accommodates 10-12 infants and this position must work collaboratively with other infant room staff and the staff at large. The candidate must be nurturing, be knowledgeable or ready and willing to learn about child development, ready to keep up with the fast pace of infant care and most importantly, must LOVE infant snuggles. This is an immediate opening.
- Support other classroom staff and instruct infant children in activities designed to promote, physical growth (gross motor and fine motor), language development and intellectual and creative growth in an active, age-appropriate way.
- Follow schedules and routines for each infant to ensure well balanced routine care, one on one and group time and play opportunities.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with families and co-workers.
- Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress.
- Maintain the health and safety of all students.
- Understand and comply with all regulations relating to infant care including safe sleep practices, feeding, diapering, and play.
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields. Nannying or other infant care an acceptable alternative.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Education or Early Childhood Education Required. Enrollment in a program of study is an acceptable alternative. Willingness to enroll in a program also a viable alternative.
- Physical, TB and Clearances - all current.